Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Fun facts about NZ

Activity 1

My favourite facts about NZ
were:

  1. This was the first country to have its three top positions of power held simultaneously by women; Prime Minister Helen Clark, Governor General Dame Silvia Cartwright and the Chief Justice Sian Elias.
  2. The most popular films in the country include ‘Once were Warriors’, ‘The Whale Rider’, ‘The Piano’ and the ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy.
  3. Gisborne is the first city in the world to see the sunrise because it is 496.3 kilometers away from the International Date Line.




4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Mahdiya,

    I'm Lee, one of the blog commentors for the Summer Learning Journey. Great to meet you!

    Thanks for starting off the activities and introducing me to these amazing facts. I haven't seen the fact about the women in power before - I have learned something new, so thanks for that! Do you know any other facts about New Zealand that aren't on the list? I know one - we were the first country to win the rugby world cup!

    I look forward to reading more of your writing, keep it up!
    Talk toy ou later
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mahdiya!
    Your facts that you chose are very cool. I never knew any of these facts. Out of the three facts that you chose which one was your favourite? For me it would be the 2nd one, because I never knew that those were movies made in NZ. You have done an amazing and outstanding Job.
    Blog you later!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kumusta Mahdiya,

    Good Job for completing this activity. I did this activity too. Did you enjoy completing this task? Why? What was the best part of this? What was the most challenging part of this activity? Tell me? I enjoyed reading your facts about New Zealand. They were really interesting and inspiring to read about. I learnt a lot from these new facts.

    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete